Wednesday, February 22, 2012

When it rains people don't come to Church

Hey Guys!

I love you all so much! I really can’t describe my love for you all in words. It just can’t be done. This past week I have had a really great experience. You know when we have those moments of spiritual growth when all of the sudden a principal of the Gospel just hits you? I had one of those this week. I feel like my testimony has really been strengthened that FAMILIES are eternal! We are going to live together, forever! It really has changed my view of people. I feel like my faith has really grown. People have to get baptized to be able to enjoy this gift. It’s the first step. This is the entire reason that we are here on the earth. Anyways, I’m so grateful for all of you. Thanks for being the greatest family on earth, and in Heaven.

Mom I’m so so excited about the orphanage! I decided that the first thing I want to do when I get back is go and visit it. That would be so awesome. I won’t worry about Joseph and Olivia. I know that everything will be ok. This week I have just been so grateful for everything that we have. Not only our family, but our country. We are so incredibly blessed. As I meet more people and take a look around I just feel so spoiled and cant help but think that its just not fair. I hope that my whole life I will be able to give back and help others. I still haven’t received any mail haha. Surprise surprise. But I think that this Wednesday we will. So I’ll let you all know.

We had a good, but frustrating week. We taught a mountain of lessons and I felt like lots of success. But, apparently in Dean Funes when it rains it means you don’t go to church. We had 10 commitments of inactive families and investigadors. Not one came. It was pretty disappointing. I don’t know exactly what the lesson is, but we’ve just got to work harder this week. Success truly is a gift. The great missionaries of the Book of Mormon talk about how they are going to do this, this and this, that PERHAPS they people might come unto their God. We really need to do all that we possibly can so that our Father in Heaven can do his part. Sometimes we impede him believe it or not.
 
Success truly is a gift.


Ok, here are some pictures from my new area. 

The first is our apartment. Vidrios means glass. We live right there behind that big window. It’s pretty cool. But we are right in Centro so it’s always noisy at night and we have to sleep with the window open. But I like it a lot.


Ok our branch president and his wife are missionaries from Buenos Aires, remember? They had their 48th anniversary on Tuesday and a member did an Asado for them, and invited us too :). It was so good. This is me and my comp Elder Robbles with our sparkling apple cider.

The next one is of me, then from right to left our branch president and his wife, then the Hermano and his wife who made the Asado and then an inactive couple who came to church yesterday for the first time in years. It was really great.


Ok so with Rocio and Ana....  They are so great. I have really gotten to know them and they are so fun to teach. We had a really good lesson, but kinda frustrating. They said that they would get baptized tomorrow, but that they would do it for us - the missionaries. Not for themselves. If that is the case they would stay active for 2 days, maybe 3 haha. So we need to help them to find the desire. I don’t know exactly what it is that they need or what lacks. This week we’ll continue working with them. We really have a mountain of people to teach and that are so close, but they just lack one little thing here or there. It’s so frustrating sometimes! I have a good feeling about this week though. Thanks for everything guys. I really appreciate your prayers and all your love for me; yes I can even feel it here all the way in Dean Funes. Have a good week! I know that this is the only true church in the world, restored through Joseph Smith and has a prophet that leads and directs this church. I love you all!

Love Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment