Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dean Funes

My Wonderful Family!

Alright my first week in DEAN FUNES! I really love it here. I’m so confused because every member that asks me how I like Dean Funes is really surprised when I tell them that I love it. They always get this confused look on their faces, like, oh really? But I really like it. We are lucky because we just got to move apartments.  Just down the hall so not too far. This time we live above a man that makes glass. He is really nice. The reason I say that we are really lucky is because the other one was bad... It didn’t have windows! It was like an oven in there. And also the shower was pretty bad. So now we have a big window and a good shower.  I am enjoying my companion. He is a really good guy. He knows a lot and is really good with the members. I was a little bit bugged with him at first but I have found that as I try to serve him I really feel more love for him. This place is night and day compared to Villa. WOW! We teach about 3 times as many lessons here than we did in Villa Maria. We have a baptism this Saturday for a lady named Nora.  Also she has 2 sons that are interested.  But we are working with them. In 30 minutes we have a lesson with them. Also right now we are teaching 2 girls that are 17. I was really surprised when I met them because they really are interested and always complete their commitments. They both really want to get baptized and know the ward members well, but they each have a family that is against it. Tomorrow we are going to challenge them with the baptismal date so they have something to work towards. Wish us luck. Anna and Rosio. They are awesome. I think my favorite part of my new area is meeting all the new people, and actually being able to talk.  It’s so nice and so much fun.  It’s like finally I can show my personality. 

I like my new district a lot. Remember Elder Edmondson? He was Elder Anderson’s comp in the MTC. He is in my District now so I’ll see him every week. Also we have 4 senior missionaries in our District.  The first 2 are Elder and Sis Maur. They are from Buenos Aires and he is the branch president. The other couple is from Arizona. The Hatches.  He speaks Spanish, but she doesn’t. I was really impressed how brave she was to accept this call and leave 39 grandchildren to serve the lord! Wow! They are really awesome.

I am really meeting some awesome families. The "Missionary Family’s” name is the Sanchez Family. They are so amazing. They really just made me feel at home.  Right when I got there they just sat me down, got out lots of food and some UNO cards! I feel like I have known them forever. But really there are lots of families here that are really special.

I went to church for the first time yesterday. It was incredible! Unlike in Villa Maria with a big pretty chapel, the church is a little cute house.  It’s so cool.  I  bet about 30 people went.  I really enjoyed it.  I have found out in the last week how much work there is to do here - A TON!  This branch has a mountain of problems and really needs help. They are really dependent upon the missionaries.  But I like that, its good to feel depended upon and to be pushed. I have really just felt like the Lord has something for me to do here.  I feel like more now than ever I just need to "thrust in my sickle".   More than ever I need to lose myself in the work.  More than ever I need to “Believe in God” (Mosiah 4:9). I just feel like I’m up for the challenge and that the time is NOW.  

We found out some sad news today. Let me tell you the story first. We were looking for this house the other day and a man sitting outside of a Carnaceria called us over (We found out that he owns it).  He told us that his wife is a member, and that he was listening to the missionaries awhile ago also. He gave us the direction to his house and then asked for something to read. We left him with the Plan of Salvation Pamphlet. Well this morning we got a call that he died this morning. Really sad! It made me wonder what all of this means. The Lord truly works in strange ways. It makes you wonder. 

Well I love you guys! Yes Dad you spelled gigante right haha. Thanks for everything. You are the greatest family of all time! I love you all. The church is true.

Love Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment