Thursday, September 1, 2011

Half way done (with the MTC)!!!


Hello my AMAZING family!

I just want to start out this email by saying how much I love you all! I do! I’m so incredibly lucky to have each and every one of you. Thanks for the chocolate package last week! Wow I love it! So do lots of other people. And the giant package,. WOW! That’s so heavy. The little mail lady could hardly pick it up. Thank you! I love you guys so much. I can't say it enough. Thanks! Thanks for supporting me while im out here. I love you guys so much. Thanks for financially supporting me. I couldn’t do any of this without you. Dad i love the pictures! It only took like 1 minute to look so keep sending them! Alex you look awesome!!! That’s so cool! I love how they named the little guy spiker. I really do ha ha.

I cant lie, the past 2 days have been kinda hard. Number one, i think its because our teachers are different so its hard to have change. Ill talk about that later. And number two, I really just miss you all. It has hit me that I’m not coming home for awhile. But I know i can do it. I just got back from the temple. E.T. and I did a sealing with this couple that was probably 106 years old. It was awesome. I feel so at peace right now. The temple is truly the best place in the world to be right now. I know i am being blessed and I CAN feel your prayers. I really can. THANK YOU!!! Ya know as much as I'd love to go to Utah State right now and come home every week for Sunday dinner or meet you mom at some place for lunch, or go to BYU with Mckenna, I know im doing the right thing. I know it. This is such a great experience. I love missionary work. Well i think i do, The MTC is not missionary work ha ha.

So about our teachers. We got new ones this Monday. The first day was excellent! We all really liked them and had a great time. One of them is named sister Alvarez, she is about 24. the other one is named Brother UrQuhart. he just got off his mission 3 months ago. So I feel like he is one of us. So that is good. But they teach way different. For example. Our old teachers taught us the ENTIRE day in Spanish, I mean if we didnt understand at all we would do it in English, but pretty much all Spanish. And that is the inspired curriculum designed by the apostoles. These new teachers do zero Spanish.. But they say that its important to learn how to teach before you learn Spanish. So I do believe that. I think I have learned a lot. Sister Alvarez has really showed me a new way to pray. I feel that my relationship with my Father in Heaven is getting so much stronger. I have had some awesome prayers and really received some inspiration. Our new teachers main focus is love. They want us to love. And it is really pretty amazing.. I have noticed a difference. I believe that our actions and countenance speaks louder than our words. If i love the people of Argentina with all my might, the spirit will do the rest. That’s the way the savior did it. So iäm really focusing on loving. I try to talk to every missionary i see in the lunch line. I need to get better at opening my heart to people. I’m really praying for that right now. So the next day was kinda a disaster with our teachers. Something i dont like is they have our whole district teach at the same time. 8 missionaries teaching one of them. and they make us teach in English! I know its good, but I have my doubts.. Their old district they taught for 7 weeks knows less Spanish than i do.. What am i going to do when I get to Argentina and know nothing ha ha. oh well. Other stuff happened that made some people mad, but im not going into that. This is a good challenge. We'll have to really puch ourselves.

Brother Beach is awesome isn’t he?  Wow I really love that guy.  I miss him. I miss Bro and Sis Williams. They had great stories. Even if they were a little long... ha ha ha.

Booze town! Congrats on completing operation T. You are awesome. I bet i get a letter from Tara today and she'll tell me all about it. I think she is in love with you. But ya know you have to go on a mission before you get married so slow down! I'm glad that school is going well for everyone. Its so weird not to be at Davis! I have said that before. Its so weird. I miss it. But there are tons of kids from Davis here. I love it. Tallon Burton leaves this week so that will be sad. I am meeting tons of people every week. I love it. Its weird how many people know me from basketball. Everyday almost someone asks me if I played for Davis. Lots of senior missionaries too. They're cute.

So I got released from being the DL. It was awesome while it lasted, but its good to have some free time. ( in the mtc you keep your calling for half your time than switch with someone) The new one is Elder Nelson. He is 22 years old and awesome! He's so funny. I'm glad he is the new DL. I do miss it and hope i get another opportunity at leadership. I truly feel like im finding myself through service.

Oh Elder Thorne broke the record again. 4:38. He's a stud.

Highlight of the week: Ok the temple was awesome! And it was really an answer to my prayers. But, we had an amazing devotional. Mom you asked if I had read the Elder Holland talk in my binder( i love the binder!!) YEs i read it the first week. AWESOME talk! anyways, he came and talked to the MTC last tuesday. Elder Holland! We had excelent seats on the floor. Wow. The minute he walked in you could feel it. Everyone stood up, and you just knew. That is an apostole of the lord. I think I spelled that wrong. Thats how its spelled in Spanish. he is so funny! And so amazing! I have never heard a more amazing talk in my life. I could talk this whole 30 minutes about it. It was truely just life changing. The theme was love, in a sence. I just felt so loved. I'll write you some letters that you'll probably get Friday or Saturday and give you some details on the notes I took. But wow. That guy is amazing. I felt the spirit so strong. Afterwards we had a  devotional district and it was great. I love hearing everyone’s testimonies.

I love you all so much!! Don't forget it. Thank you so much for everything!!

Love Elder Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment